Saturday, May 03, 2008

MADE IT!!!!

After a 22 hour flight and 2 stopovers in LAX and Taipei, I did it.

The flight wasnt that bad, and the Taiwanese Stewardess' were all CUTEEEEE


anway, I lost out on my thursday. Thats right! I had no thursday. I had almost 16 hours of night.

When I got into Bangkok it was muggy and cloudy.

So now, its Saturday the 3rd and I am staying at my friend Mimi's, parents house in Nothonburi. This area is about 35-40 min outside (North of) Bangkok. Imagine it like a suburb, but not really :)

I am still in a daze of shock. I have mentioned to a few of you, that its hard for me right now to comprehend that i am actually in Thailand. THAT I FINALLY MADE IT!

I find when one person dreams about place for too long and does nothing to fulfill that goal, that dream or ideal becomes a faint memory. Well this is true in my case. I have struggled back and forth for so long, with the idea to do this vacation, but never allowing it to come to fruition, that now it seems hyper-dreamlike.

In this case, I hope that my dream like mental state takes a back seat and I start to become acutely aware of the present condition.

that present condition is.....

I'M ON VACATION!!!

well I am off to finish my coffee and upload some photos

love you all and miss you (...only kinda ;-) ............I'm in beautiful Thailand)

xox

shawn

3 comments:

Beatnik said...

So glad you made it! did your bags all get there too? anyway, I think the dream-like quality will pass in a few days maybe? When you start to get used to it? Or not! It must just be total culture shock. Too cool! Get a good nights sleep and some food in the belly and it's all good.

xorose

shawn said...

So far thats what i have been doing and after a day i feel more comfortable with the new environment.

I actually am not feeling to culture shocked, I actually feel rather comfortable with the local vibe. My starry eyes are more dazed by the actuality that i am here.

ATR said...

The stewardesses being cute just reminded me of Jimmy Banos, I sort of wish he on vacation with you just so it could become a future blockbuster. Chaaaun and Banos Do Asia!

BTW the pictures are fabulous and miss you!